Connect with Us
Civil Engineering Central
Why use CEC
Pricing / Buy
Why use CEC
News & Blog
Job: Senior Engineer I, Souder Miller & Associates, Farmington, NM
Senior Engineer I
Farmington, NM 87401 United States
Long-term Disability Insurance
Short-term Disability Insurance
Flexible Spending Accounts
Employee Stock Ownership Plan
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Jury Duty Pay
SMA is recruiting for a Senior Engineer I or II in the General Civil business line. The position is located in the Farmington, NM office. This position requires a bachelors and/or master’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university and a minimum of 7 years experience in site civil engineering. The preferred candidate will be a member of a professional organization and have a New Mexico PE registration.
- Initiate projects- with assistance from principal or senor to establish project teams and complete project teams. For assigned projects, complete project initiation documents: detailed work scope/outline, budget, and schedule for completion.
- Manage project implementation, with assigned project team, ensure all steps and procedures are under SOPs and completion is as planned and scheduled. This includes keeping client informed with status of project and providing adequate management, advice and support to member of the project team.
- Applies broad knowledge of principles and practices in a specific practice area.
Coordinate/communicate with peers- may work with other engineers and project managers to avoid or eliminate conflicts in schedule due to the changes in various projects.
- With senior supervision evaluates, selects and adapts standard techniques, procedures and criteria
- Maintain project status- keep the project status reporting system (database) current with actions and changes on assigned projects so the overall organization is able to respond to client requests.
- Acquires broad knowledge of principles and practices of related fields and the ability to function on multi-disciplinary teams
- Prepares high quality reports and ensures that the review process and other quality control guidelines are followed and that final reports and presentations are completed per SOPs
- Communicate Opportunities- Communicate/ present potential new business or resource information, competitive situations, or technology/ regulatory factors to the company.
- Control costs- as part of the management of each project, ensure costs are kept in line with the original budget for time, travel and material expenses. Discuss variations with supervisor
- Maximizes project profitability through appropriate project budgeting/pricing, utilization of resources and cost controls, and maximization of the profit margin on individual projects
- Be a Public Relations Ambassador - Be proactive in presenting and communicating the capabilities and strengths of the company to the public.
- Solicit New Clients/Projects - In interfacing with potential or existing clients, listen for and seek out new projects that may exist or are being formulated. Set up meetings and/or participate in the development of proposals as requested.
- Licensed professional Engineer in the state of New Mexico and able to obtain adjacent state licensure
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Engineering from an accredited four-year college or university
- A minimum 5 years of professional engineering experience with increasing experience and responsibility.
- Experience in the following: Storm water modeling/design, grading/drainage, site development, wastewater design, water design and/or transportation design. Position title dependent upon experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to question from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to define problems, collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Abilty to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in ,mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Other Skills And Abilities:
- Must have the ability to operate a computer and the following minimum software: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Project, AutoCAD (Civil 3D). Candidates shall list all software they are proficient with on their resume.
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?
Why use CEC
Pricing / Buy
Why use CEC
From the Blog
7 Tips To Beat Out The Competition In Hiring Great Candidates
Control Your Career, Don’t Let Your Career Control You
Missed Career Opportunities & Diminishing ROC
Do Formal Mentoring Programs Work?
Work – Life Balance: A Civil Engineer Putting Family First
Sign up here