Job: Civil Engineer, City of Warrenville, Warrenville, IL
Warrenville, IL 60555 United States
The salary range for this position is $59,147 - $81,328. This is an exempt, full-time position eligible for benefits including health insurance and IMRF pension.
This is a responsible professional position that provides primary support to the Community Development Department by assisting the Senior Civil Engineer in the administration of City projects and private development, including analyzing and interpreting complex engineering construction and planning documents for compliance with City requirements. This position also works closely with the Public Works Department on design and construction of capital improvement projects. Work is performed under the general supervision of the Community Development Director. The Senior Civil Engineer is the immediate supervisor of this position.
• Conducts field surveys and investigations related to engineering projects or requests. Prepares recommendations regarding land use, building and facility design, and a variety of engineering-related needs.
• Review subdivision and construction plans; ensure design meets required standards.
• Develops proposals, reviews permits, assists in administration of Countywide Storm Water Ordinance and responds to drainage complaints.
• Coordinates City initiated infrastructure and drainage improvement projects.
• Assists Public Works to prepare and administer the Annual Road Program.
• Assists in developing engineering solutions to complex problems.
• Performs project resident engineering oversight.
• Provides assistance and information to the public.
• Attends occasional evening meetings.
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or similar field with some experience as a civil engineer or engineer intern. Prior municipal engineering experience a plus.
• Possession of a valid Class D Illinois driver’s license and registration as a Professional Engineer-in-Training or ability to obtain within 6 months.
• Strong understanding of engineering objectives, principles, procedures, standards, and information sources.
• Ability to understand and apply federal, state, and local laws, regulations, policies, procedures and standards pertaining to engineering and construction.
• Working knowledge of public works, facility and/or building design and constructions principles and methods.
• Ability to clearly communicate orally and in writing.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, MicroStation, and GIS preferred.
• Ability to maintain effective working relationships.
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?