Job: Civil Engineer - Drainage, Huitt-Zollars, Inc., Denver, CO
Civil Engineer - Drainage
Denver, CO 80237 United States
Structural - Bridge
Huitt-Zollars' Denver, CO office has a full-time opportunity for a Civil Engineer. This person will serve as Project Engineer coordinating project team efforts for roadway design, utility engineering, site development, drainage analysis and design, grading and erosion control, and preparation of construction documents for a wide range of transportation and urban development projects for both public and private clients.
HZ is a leading Architectural and Engineering firm providing innovative planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery to our clients in the public and private sector. We provide quality solutions for our clients and employment opportunities to qualified talent.
• Coordinate project team efforts for bridge hydrologic, hydraulic, scour studies, water quality, quantity design, open channel design, bioengineering, roadway drainage analysis and design.
• Produce drainage models with HEC RAS/HEC HMS
• Prepare drainage impact studies and reports
• Research jurisdictional drainage requirements for appropriate incorporation into design and construction drawings
• Prepare drainage design and construction drawings utilizing AutoCAD Civil 3D and information obtained from research
• Interface and coordinate with clients
• Prepare GIS exhibits with ArcGIS
• Conduct site visits and document findings
• Attend, record and distribute meeting minutes and assist with project correspondence
• Prepare graphic materials, documents and presentations for clients
• Registered PE in the state of Colorado or EIT working towards their PE
• Minimum 5 years' experience in drainage analysis and design
• Bachelors of Science in Civil Engineering
• Experience with drainage modeling, impact studies and design
• Knowledge of drainage criteria for Denver and adjacent areas
• Advanced HEC-RAS and HEC-HMS drainage software experience
• Advanced AutoCAD Civil 3D experience
• Proficient in XP-SWMM and ArcGIS software is a plus
• Proficient in MicroStation, PondPack, XPSwmm, ArcHydro, GeoRAS and GeoHMS is a plus
We offer a competitive benefit & compensation package, including medical, dental, vision, life, and long/short term disability plans and two retirement plans: 401(k) and an ESOP.
Please apply online at: https://external-huitt-zollars.icims.com/
Job ID No: DEN030
Huitt-Zollars is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin or any other legally protected status. Consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the company will make reasonable accommodations to assist in the application process upon the request of an applicant. No question on this application is intended to secure information to be used for discriminatory purposes. This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a) and 60-300.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or disability, and require affirmative action by
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?