Job: Forensic Civil - Structural Engineer, Donan, Greensboro, NC
Forensic Civil - Structural Engineer
Greensboro, NC 27455 United States
Donan offers a competitive compensation package which includes a base salary, compensatory pay, and annual profit share bonus.
Structural - Bridge
Structural - Building
Structural - Other
DONAN, an industry leader in Forensic Engineering, currently has an opening for an experienced Forensic Engineer with either Civil or Structural Engineering experience to cover our Greensboro, Raleigh, and Winston-Salem, NC areas. This is an opportunity which allows you to work from home while working full time hours and collaborating with your virtual team. This position will require travel to other states for coverage as needed during peak volume periods.
If you have been considering a change, if so, then ask yourself these 5 questions:
1. Are you looking for a role where you can be challenged daily with exposure to diverse range of projects?
2. Are you tired of working on the same types of projects everyday?
3. Have you ever taken something apart just to understand how it functions?
4. Do you have excellent writing skills?
5. Are you motivated when working on your own and strive for excellence in your work?
If you can honestly answer YES to all of these questions, then apply today to become a part of our business family!
Donan offers a competitive compensation package which includes a base salary, compensatory pay, and annual profit share bonus. In addition, Donan also offers:
• Paid Time Off (PTO)
• Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance
• Company Paid Life Insurance and AD&D, & Voluntary Life Insurance with AD&D
• Paid Long-term and Short-term Disability
• 401(K) matching
• Health Savings Account (HSA)
• Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
• Employee Assistance Program
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Company Vehicle (for position which require travel)
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides expert forensic analysis to our clients on an array of engineering projects.
• Provides honest and unbiased analysis and consultation on various property failures.
• May be required to provide appraisals on structures and equipment on an as-needed basis.
• Must travel from site to site to perform projects within the standard regional boundaries to which they are assigned. May be asked to travel to other regions to perform work on an as needed basis.
• Must consistently meet or exceed the established performance metrics for this position.
• Writes and submits detailed and accurate reports on completed projects in a timely manner in accordance with company guidelines.
• Will communicate with Donan's customers to provide timelines and project updates on a consistent basis.
• Must be willing and able to provide expert testimony and/or depositions on an as needed basis for projects in which they are assigned.
• Must be willing to work a flexible schedule and additional hours during periods of peak business demand, and back-log as deemed necessary by management.
• Will provide excellent customer service to both the company's internal and external customers.
• For advancement; must be willing to pro-actively pursue additional training and mentoring opportunities, in addition to added education and/or certifications.
• Other duties as assigned by management.
• Applicants must be an active registered Professional Engineer (P.E.) in the state in which they are applying. Multiple active state P.E. licensures, especially in surrounding states are highly preferred.
• Must be willing to go through the process of obtaining additional state licensures in accordance with business demand and management discretion. All required fees associated with obtaining additional state licensures will typically be company paid.
• Must have or be eligible to obtain the NCEES record in a reasonable amount of time.
• Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in related Engineering field: civil, structural, electrical, or mechanical.
• Previous forensic experience is highly preferred but not required.
• Previous expert testimony or deposition experience highly preferred but not required.
• Must be adaptable with the aptitude and willingness to learn new skills and techniques.
• Must be extremely well organized with the ability to deliver fast and accurate turnaround times.
• Must be able to handle multiple project workload and periods of high stress, especially during times of peak business demand.
• Must complete a minimum of two hours annually of specialized litigation training.
• Experience with hands on engineering such as structural/mechanical/electrical investigations etc., is highly preferred.
• Must be hands on and willing to climb roofs, crawl in tight spaces, etc.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Must be team oriented and enjoy service oriented type work.
• Must have superior customer service skills.
• Must have excellent overall computer skills.
• Must meet or exceed company aptitude standards regarding overall computer and technical proficiency.
• Must conduct business in an honest and ethical fashion at all times.
• Experience with writing detailed reports is highly preferred.
• Must have a valid drivers license with an acceptable driving record in accordance with the firm's guidelines.
• Must have excellent overall computer skills.
• Must be willing to travel and/or work a flexible schedule during periods of peak demand, or as directed by leadership. The nature of Donan's work requires travel and flexibility at times in order to meet the needs of our customers.
• Must have the ability to work efficiently with little or no supervision.
• Must be willing to work from a remote (typically from the employees home) office setting while traveling from project site to project site.
• Must be able to meet all standards for pre-employment physical examination.
• Must have access to reliable and high speed internet service provider at remote office.
• Frequently required to stand on one's feet for prolonged periods of time.
• Frequently required to lift and/or move objects weighing 50-100 lbs.
• Frequently required to climb onto first and second story roofs, ascend/descend ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, etc.
• Frequently required to balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• Frequently required to reach with hands and arms.
• Frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
• Frequently required to drive a vehicle for extended periods of time.
Please visit our website at www.Donan.com for additional information.
Donan is an E-Verify participating employer.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/7yvfsn27cj6dbhb7
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?