Job: Site Civil Engineer, Summit Technical Solutions, Grand Forks region, ND
$80-95K + comprehensive benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401k, life/AD&D insurance, short- and long-term disability)
Summit Technical Solutions (STS) is seeking an experienced Engineering/Facilities Manager to serve in a leadership role, providing supervision of facilities maintenance personnel. This is a key position on the operations, maintenance, and support (OM&S) contract for the Perimeter Acquisition Radar Attack Characterization System (PARCS) program.
The work location for this position is Cavalier AFS, ND.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
• Ensures that the Engineering team fulfills the PWS requirements along with submission of all required Reports.
• Support design efforts for small to mid-sized projects. Serve as owner's representative for larger projects.
• Manages a mid-sized team (15-20 FTE) consisting of experienced professionals. Leads, directs and reviews the work of team who exercise latitude and independence in their assignments. Provides primary input to hiring, firing, promotion, performance and rewards decisions for direct reports.
About PARCS and Cavalier AFS
For 39 years, Cavalier Air Force Station, along with its powerful Perimeter Acquisition Radar Characterization System (PARCS) has been at the forefront of missile warning and space surveillance in protecting our Nation from missile attacks. PARCS is operated by the 10th Space
Warning Squadron, a geographically separated unit of the 21st Space Wing at Peterson Air Force Base in Colorado Springs, CO.
Cavalier AFS is located in Pembina County, North Dakota, about 15 miles south of the Canadian border, at the heart of the Rendezvous Region. Although the site is remote, the surrounding area is full of opportunities for outdoor recreation and community participation.
• Located on the north shore of Lake Renwick, Icelandic State Park offers visitors not only a wide array of recreational opportunities, but also glimpses of North Dakota's homesteading heritage and its natural beauty.
• Frost Fire Ski Area is just minutes away, offering a variety of winter activities as well as summer dinner theatre.
• The cities of the Rendezvous Region offer 10 separate celebrations throughout the year, including parades and festivals.
• Just an hour away, the city of Grand Forks is a bustling college town, home to the University of North Dakota. Grand Forks offers a great mix of sports events, a vibrant arts scene, miles of biking, hiking and inline skating trails and other recreation, plus a revitalized downtown.
Qualified candidates will have the following experience and qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, or other relevant Engineering field is required
• 5+ years of engineering experience.
• Experience leading projects and/or team is desired.
• Eligibility to obtain & maintain DoD Secret clearance is required.