Job: Bridge Section Manager, CHA Companies, Indianapolis, IN
Bridge Section Manager
Indianapolis, IN 46225 United States
Comprehensive benefits package.
Structural - Bridge
The Section Manager will be responsible for the management of staff in his/her respective group within the Technical Group. This individual will be measured on his/her staff's technical quality, utilization of his/her discipline's staff across all markets, and adherence to project budgets. Grading for this position within CHA's Grade system will be based on the Professional Technical level of the individual.
Assist with technical leadership within respective discipline – This individual will lead design development and will recommend solutions to the Technical Leader on technical issues related to his/her discipline. In addition, this individual will abide by the appropriate standards and quality checks and assist with the implementation of them to ensure the staff adheres to the processes as well. He/she will also assist the Project Managers and Technical Leaders within the markets on scope/fee development for work within the technical discipline.
Management of technical staff within section – The Section Manager will work closely with the Technical Leader of his/her discipline for the hiring, terminating, promotion, recognition, and overall growth and performance of the technical staff within the discipline. This individual will coordinate these efforts with Human Resources and the Technical Group Services Leader for their hiring/separations efforts, completing staff's Career & Professional Development plans and performance appraisals, and rewarding technical staff for performance. This individual will also assist in the development and execution of technical training and regular communication with his/her staff.
Plan staff allocation – This individual will assist the Technical Leaders on project assignments to plan staff workload, assess backlog, and maximize the utilization goals of the technical staff within the respective technical group. This individual will also manage his/her staff's adherence to project budgets that are coordinated between this individual and the markets' Project Managers.
Project StaffingResponsible for project staffing coordination with PM.
Assist Technical Leader in balancing group workload.
Monitoring of staff hours and utilization of direct reports and squad leader reports where applicable.
Responsible for tracking and monitoring of project budgets and schedules.
Review and approval of final deliverables.
Responsible for QC Review (or assisting Technical Leader with QC Review).
Signing/Stamping of Plans and Reports (where allowed).
Allocate billable time to projects within market – This individual will be responsible for meeting a utilization goal by performing work on billable projects.
Other related duties, as assigned.
• A Bachelor's degree is required, M.S. is preferred, or equivalent professional experience.
• Indiana PE license or ability to obtain within 6 months.
• 10+ years of transportation bridge experience is required.
• Proven hands on experience in all aspects of bridge design projects; demonstrating thorough knowledge of bridge engineering principles and the AASHTO and AREMA codes.
• An articulate and persuasive communicator, both one-on-one and in front of large groups.
• A high energy, results-oriented, resourceful leader.
• Strong ability to resolve matters that arise within the discipline.
• Strong experience with project budgeting.
• Demonstrates a strong understanding of internal accounting processes.
• Demonstrates a strong knowledge of company's technical processes.
• Proven to be an effective manager and leader.
Ideal candidate will also have:
• Demonstrated leadership skills, communication skills and ability to work with various teams.
• INDOT and local public agency project experience.
• Experience with computer modeling of structures – preferably finite element modeling of complex bridges.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
CHA is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/t2dg5ns4bjx4qkk6
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?