Job: Engineer V, City of Corpus Christi, Corpus Christi, TX
Corpus Christi, TX 78401 United States
Salary: $85,384 - $139,912 Annually (Dependent on Qualifications)
Benefits: The City offers an excellent benefit package
The Engineer V organizes and manages the Project Management section of the Engineering Department. They provide leadership and mentorship to the project management team.
• Ensure that all activities comply with the law, policies, procedures and professional ethics.
• Ensure that capital programs are properly planned and executed.
• Provide detailed oversight of the development of Bond and CIP programs including planning, scoping, and budgeting for individual portfolios of projects the can include roadways, water, wastewater, facilities and other infrastructure.
• Develop realistic budgets and schedules for execution of complex portfolios of projects.
• Manages projects by approving and processing specifications and construction documents by applying engineering standards of principles and practices.
• Provide oversight and recommendations on commercial transactions for Architect/Engineer (AE) firms and general contractors.
• Take a leadership role in the development of written procedures that will provide guidance to staff on how to effectively execute complex assignments in an efficient and standardized manner.
• Works through Executive Steering Committee to stream line and optimize business processes.
• Effectively communicate with public, Boards and City Council
• Attend public information, Board and City Council meetings and be able to effectively present information regarding departmental efforts and projects at various stages of development.
• Oversee the development of agenda memos and related backup documentation that effectively and accurately communicates relevant project details to elected officials and decision makers.
• Work effectively with vendors, staff, operating documents and City leadership to constructively solve problems as they arise.
• May be asked to perform other duties as assigned.
• Requires a Bachelor’s Degree
• Minimum of twelve (12) years of related experience
• Registration as a Professional Engineer in the State of Texas, or a valid registration as a Professional Engineer in another state is required
• Previous registration in Texas or another state with the ability to obtain State of Texas registration within six (6) months of employment is required
• A valid driver's license is required. Successful out of state candidates must be able to obtain a valid Texas driver's license within 90 days of hire
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?