Job: Civil Engineer - Water Resources, SWCA Environmental Consulting, Amherst, MA
Civil Engineer - Water Resources
Amherst, MA 01002 United States
Our people are our greatest asset, which is why we offer competitive compensation, an array of health benefits, plus voluntary supplemental benefits to meet your individual needs. SWCA provides employees with cost-effective programs and at least one medical plan that is free for employee-only coverage.
Medical, Dental, and Vision
Flexible Spending Accounts
Employer-funded HRA and HSA
Paid Sick Leave
SWCA Environmental Consulting is hiring a qualified Civil Engineer to join their Amherst, Massachusetts office. Candidates must possess an EIT certificate or an active PE License. SWCA seeks an Engineer with a strong background in stormwater management and civil design to support our Natural Resources Group.
• Working independently, in remote locations, and under variable weather conditions.
• Preparing stormwater plans for permitting.
• Performing stormwater inspections at construction sites and providing necessary direction to contractors.
• Working well in both the field and office environments.
• Providing designs and calculations for stormwater management systems with a focus on a natural systems approach.
• Preparing permit and construction plans, cost opinions, specifications, reports, and proposals.
• Developing stormwater management plans for a variety of scales (residential, commercial, watershed, and regional).
• Preparing SWPPPs and erosion control drawings.
• BS degree in Civil Engineering, MS preferred.
• EIT required, PE preferred
• Experience with hydrologic and hydraulic modeling software (HydroCAD, PondPack, HEC-RAS, SWMM, etc.).
• Functional ability to work with AutoCAD Civil3D, direct training and experience preferred.
• Experience with project management and the development of proposals, work scopes, and tracking of budgets and contracts.
• General knowledge of the Northeast regulatory environment.
• The ability to meet and work with a diverse range of clients and agency representatives.
• Experience preparing drawing plan sets suitable for construction.
• Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to produce high quality written reports, figures, and present to the public and agencies.
• Demonstrated experience with state and local permitting requirements.
• Willingness to travel regionally (New England, New York, Mid-Atlantic).
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/jjf57f5tf9zhxpf7
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?