Job: ENGINEER II, City of Largo, Tampa Bay (Largo), FL
Tampa Bay (Largo), FL 33770 United States
Generous health/wellness programs including: Personal Insurance Credits of $12,537.00 / $533.38 per pay (24 pay period) to purchase health, dental, vision and/or life insurance plus personal option days. Free 24/7 access to state of the art recreation facilities (plus a $400 wellness credit for fitness classes, personal fitness training, race registration fees)
(*) Benefits & provisions of our programs are reviewed annually and may be updated or changed based on funding or business need.
Provides design and support project management for City transportation, stormwater and sanitary sewer utility engineering projects and work programs.
* Provide complete project evaluation, design, construction and procurement work products:
- Perform design and plans production using advanced CADD tools and one or more advanced modeling tools.
- Produce complete engineering reports and applications for permits;
- Generate detailed project cost estimates;
- Develop complete contract documents and technical specifications.
* Assists and provide support for assigned project management duties:
- Develops project management plan documents;
- Assist with updating project budgets and expenditures;
- Develop scope of services requests for vendor and consulting services
- Processing and evaluation of service requests / work orders for assigned departments
- Public outreach and coordination with stakeholders
- Asset Portfolio development and management
* Generate meeting minutes for critical project meetings capturing key discussion points, resulting decisions and action items.
* Reviews shop drawings for conformance with plans and specifications; reviews constructions project progress to develop construction punch lists.
* Identifies conflict utilities and prepares request for utility mark-ups.
* Conducts advanced field investigations to evaluate existing conditions using engineering methods such as seasonal high water level, traffic analysis, etc.
* Performs related work as required.
Training and Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering
- Current State of Florida Engineering Intern (EI) Certification or current Engineering Intern (EI) Certification from another State that can transfer within 6 months of hire is preferred.
* If selected candidate does not have current EI Certification, it must be obtained within one year from date of hire
- At least two (2) years directly related engineering experience
- Valid Florida Driver's License *or* valid license from another state for transfer within 30 days of hire
- Largo leaders are in process of training all staff in High Performance Organization (HPO) principles. All employees are expected to engage with colleagues, supervisors and customers throughout the City, step forward to identify opportunity to improve, change and/or streamline what and how we do our work to quickly adapt to the needs of our community.
For full job description and application instructions, go to: www.largo.com/jobs
The City of Largo – Naturally A Great Place to Work!
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?