Sr. Technical Engineering Specialist
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where we apply science and technology to make the world a safer place; now one of 2020 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
We have multiple openings for Sr. Technical Engineering Specialists. You will be part of the Documentation and Technical Services (DTS) team, which is responsible for document management and control, compiling and reviewing construction- and engineering-related documentation and department documentation. These positions are in the Project Management Office (PMO). These positions will be filled at either the TSS.3 or TSS.4 level depending on your qualifications. Additional job responsibilities (outline below) will be assigned if you are selected at the higher level.
- Provide solutions to complex document management and control issues/problems that require in-depth analysis and frequent use of ingenuity, creativity, and independent judgment to recommend and implement improvements/processes.
- Provide advice, leadership and assistance to the DTS team to guide the successful completion of projects using best practices; organize, streamline, and update the facility master specification templates to facilitate ease of usability and minimize need to edit for individual projects.
- Mentor coworkers on the development of construction specifications and engineering standards and writing style and language.
- Write, edit, and provide document control and management for construction specifications created from templates, engineering and maintenance standards, equipment procurement specifications, safety documents, and facility and infrastructure policies, procedures, and guides.
- Review material prepared by structural, civil, architectural, electrical, mechanical, and design engineers to ensure documents meet engineering standards.
- Develop documents and spreadsheets to track technical information and process information and develop process-flow diagrams.
- Contribute to developing scopes of work, obtaining technical information, and providing information for procurement requisitions.
- Perform other duties as assigned. In Addition at the TSS.4 Level
- Use ingenuity and in-depth analysis to provide advanced and innovative solutions to a diverse range of highly complex document management and control problems and initiate solutions with minimal supervision.
- Lead and facilitate the development of new ideas and approaches that impact organizational operations.
- Serve as DTS representative and act as the prime consultant on significant projects.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or relevant functional discipline, or the equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Advanced knowledge of construction documents and significant experience in technical editing and production of construction specifications.
- Knowledge of industry codes, regulations, and standards and the ability to interpret drawings.
- Ability to perform independent technical work using independent judgement and latitude to determine methods, technique and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Significant experience using editing and writing techniques for a variety of media, including comprehensive knowledge of technical language, usage, and style conventions.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and SharePoint.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills necessary to effectively collaborate in a team environment, and present and explain technical information.
- Advanced problem-solving skills necessary to identify the strengths and weaknesses and provide alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems, and effectively communicate solutions to others. In Addition at the TSS.4 Level
- Expert knowledge of complex construction documents and significant experience editing technical documents using expert knowledge of editing/writing techniques including technical language, usage and style conventions.
- Ability to use independent judgment and considerable latitude to establish and accomplish objectives.
- Expert written and verbal communication skills necessary to effectively collaborate in a team environment, present and explain technical information, and advise senior management and stakeholders.
- California licensed Professional Engineer (PE) or Licensed Architect.
- Experience using CSI MasterFormat and SectionFormat.
- Experience with document management and control systems, version control, and databases in dynamic website development.
If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted.
Note: This listing has two openings; these are Career Indefinite positions. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for these positions.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $2.1 billion, employing approximately 6,800 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For full application instructions and position description, visit https://apptrkr.com/1779561
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.