Job: Civil Engineer/Project Manager, Finelli Consulting Engineers, Inc., Washington, NJ
A multi-discipline civil engineering firm with a dynamic future and strong heritage is ready to grow again. We specialize in engineering, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through smart infrastructure, we provide perspective and wisdom through years of experience. Our multidisciplinary teams also include analysts, designers, surveyors, and inspectors. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Active founder is seeking a strategic and process-minded General Manager with Chief Operating Officer potential to bring contemporary business practices into a closely-managed environment.
This position will assume responsibility for many operational functions of the company. Bring your perspective, corporate experience and continuous record of success to accelerate our growth and help fulfill our potential.
Qualifications for this important new position include:
• NJ Professional Engineering (P.E.) License
• PA Professional Engineering (P.E.) License (a plus)
• Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering
• 10 plus years of related municipal/site/civil land development experience or possess relevant work experience
• Project management experience
• Knowledge of local city, county and state land use processes and regulations; municipal engineering background and related experience all a plus
• Proficiency in technical skills in stormwater management, hydraulics, hydrological analysis, grading and other site development related designs
• Demonstrated AutoCAD-Civil 3D skills with the ability to design site layouts concept through completion
• Ability to interact well with coworkers, clients, and regulatory agencies
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical and judgement capabilities
• Ability to work independently, as well as, in a team environment
• Strong Senior Management experience for 5 years or longer.
• Ability to demonstrate a proven track record of establishing and achieving short, mid and long term departmental and corporate goals
• Evidence of the ability to consistently make good decisions through a combination of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment
• High level of business acumen, including P&L management
Prior experience preferences:
• Managed transitions and brought positive results
• Project efficiencies
• Lowering costs
• Customer service
• Improved quality of work force resources * Human resource management – experienced in recruiting/hiring/termination
• Technology integration
• Effective scaling of operations
• Organizational development
• Personnel management
• Budget and resource development
• Establishing key business metrics along with the appropriate measurement and monitoring systems
• Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and commitment
• Flexible, able to multi-task; can work within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment, while also driving toward clarity and solutions; demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and guiding investment in people and systems.
• Ability to mentor and manage team. Develop CEO’s trust with ability to challenge, compromise, establish and understand role responsibilities between CEO and COO
• Strong communicator with excellent writing, verbal and presentation skills
• General business and computer skills - ability to work with minimum administrative support