Job: CAV ITS Project Engineer, Minnesota Department of Transportation, Roseville, MN
CAV ITS Project Engineer
Roseville, MN 55113 United States
WHY WORK WITH US
We offer excellent employee benefits, such as low-cost health and dental insurance, and affordable dependent coverage. Flexible work environments, including remote work. Other benefits include:
• 11 paid holidays per year
• Up to 29 paid vacation days per year
• 13 paid sick days per year
• Pension plan
• Paid life insurance
• Short-term disability available
• Flexible work schedule
• Opportunity to telework
Come work for one of the nation’s leading connected and automated vehicle programs!
Do you want to work for a dynamic team? Do you have an interest in how technology will transform transportation? Are you an innovator? Minnesota’s Connected and Automated Vehicle Office is hiring an engineer in our fast-paced tech-startup within state government.
This innovative and fast-paced team is looking for professionals with an engineering background who can help us advance our connected and automated vehicle (CAV) and intelligent transportation systems (ITS) work. CAV and ITS expertise is not required, but a desire to learn is.
We’re looking for individuals with strong communication skills, experience in project management, and the ability to build relationships and partnerships.
This work includes project management including managing complex, cutting-edge projects, negotiating with partners, assessing risks, communications and engaging stakeholders across government and communities.
We are driven to find talented, innovative employees for one of the country’s most innovative and largest transportation systems. We work to grow professionals and support a safe, sustainable and leading-edge transportation system. You will be surrounded by a diverse community of experts, driven by challenging work, a collaborative team environment and serving the public. MnDOT offers unparalleled health and retirement benefits and supports work-life balance, providing you the tools to thrive at work, home and in the community.
APPLY ONLINE BY 11/16/2020:
1. Go to www.mn.gov/careers
2. Click “External Applicants”.
3. On the Job Search, enter the Job Opening ID “41849“ in the Keywords search box and click Search.
4. Click on the Job Title to view the job posting.
5. Click Apply.
6. When prompted for your Referral Source, please list: Other – Civil Eng Jobs.
Only applicants received on mn.gov/careers will be considered.
ATTENTION APPLICANTS: This vacancy is being announced at two different job classes at the same time, Engineer Senior and Engineer 2 Graduate. The final class and starting salary is dependent on the successful applicant’s qualifications.
Licensure as a professional civil engineer with the Minnesota Board of Architecture, Engineering, Land Surveying, Landscape Architecture, Geoscience and Interior Design (AELSLAGID) or ability to obtain licensure through reciprocity. (If obtaining licensure through reciprocity, a practice pending letter from AELSLAGID must be provided to MnDOT HR prior to starting employment.)
Engineer 2 Graduate:
A Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited college or university AND two years post-graduation civil engineering work
A Master’s degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited college or university AND one year post-graduation civil engineering work.
Completion of the Fundamentals of Engineering exam.
• Knowledge and application of civil engineering principles and standards.
• Strong writing, with the ability to write for multiple audiences (both general and technical)
• Effective verbal communication skills, with the ability to give clear presentations and share information on technical subjects to a variety of audiences to ensure audiences understand content and find it relevant
• Experience developing and managing projects
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?