Job: Professional Engineer –Corporate Discipline Lead – Traffic, J-U-B Engineers, Inc., Meridian, ID
Professional Engineer –Corporate Discipline Lead – Traffic
Meridian, ID 83642 United States
Colorado, Idaho, Utah, Washington
Determined by experience. In addition to your great salary, J-U-B also offers a competitive benefit package including insurances, bonuses for qualified employees, a flexible work schedule, and the ability to work in a team-centered, collaborative, and supportive atmosphere.
The purpose of J-U-B ENGINEERS, Inc. (J-U-B) is “Helping Each Other Create Better Communities”. We foster a teamwork environment to solve problems that improve the communities we work and live in – while providing employees with growth opportunities.
We are seeking a Professional Engineer (Corporate Discipline Lead – Traffic). This is a key leadership position within J-U-B’s Transportation Services Group (TSG) leading the corporate traffic engineering practice/discipline companywide, across all geography and offices. This position will report to the Technical Resources Lead within the TSG.
The successful candidate will perform the following duties:
• Lead the traffic engineering practice/discipline companywide and function as the traffic engineering technical resource.
• Lead marketing/business development activities for transportation planning and traffic engineering pursuits.
• Support marketing/business development activities for transportation (roadway/design) and municipal project managers with transportation and municipal design projects.
• Lead and manage the preparation of studies and designs related to traffic engineering.
• Work with transportation and municipal project managers to provide traffic engineering support and independently manage project discipline/task deliverables.
• Supervise support staff assigned to projects including junior traffic engineers, drafters, EIT’s, and other transportation project engineers. Mentor junior staff through the process of project work and training.
• Oversee the design of traffic signals, lighting, signing, and striping for projects.
• Lead analyses using Big Data.
• Independently conduct and supervise traffic operations analyses for intersections and corridors in support of transportation and planning projects for local, state, and federally funded projects.
• Perform technical Quality Control/Quality Assurance for traffic engineering deliverables.
• Knowledgeable of travel demand modeling methodologies and supervise staff performing travel demand modeling using CUBE, TransCAD and VISUM.
• Supervise and lead signal timing optimizations and develop signal timing plans for roadway networks.
• Lead noise modeling using Traffic Noise Model (TNM) and support J-U-B’s Environmental Services Group.
• Supervise and/or prepare Maintenance of Traffic (MOT)/Traffic Control and design MOT plans per state DOT standards. Perform independent reviews.
• Use methodologies and processes from the City, County, state DOT and US DOT Manuals.
• Develop scopes of work, contracts, schedules and budgets for projects.
• Write technical reports and develop processes for workflow. Write proposals and interview for potential projects.
• Represent clients in public meetings or open houses and conduct project meetings.
• Attend council and commissioner meetings for clients.
• Engagement with technical professional organizations like Institute of Transportation Engineers.
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent and a current PE license required.
Ability to acquire PE license in multiple states required.
• Master’s degree with Emphasis in Transportation/Traffic Engineering desired.
• 15+ years of Traffic/Transportation Engineering experience.
• Professional Traffic Operations Engineer (PTOE) is required.
• Expertise in HCS 2010, Synchro/SimTraffic, VISSIM required.
• Transportation Planning experience is required. CUBE or TransCAD or VISUM travel demand modeling experience required.
• AutoCAD Design Experience is desired but not required. MicroStation Experience is required.
• Experience working with any DOT’s in J-U-B’s geography (Utah, Idaho, Oregon, Washington, Nevada, and Colorado) is a requirement.
• GIS experience is a plus.
• Experience with Traffic Noise Model (TNM) is a plus. Experience using Big Data is desired.
• Transit Experience is a plus.
• Proven ability to work with others and to manage project deliverables.
Proven ability to work collaboratively in a team environment, supporting multiple offices and teams, is required. Strong communication and writing skills required.
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?