Job: Project Engineer I or II - Bridge, Lochmueller Group Inc., South Bend, IN
Project Engineer I or II - Bridge
South Bend, IN 46601 United States
Competitive Compensation and Benefits: Lochmueller Group is now an Employee Stock Ownership Plan and we would be excited to have you to join our talented group of employee-owners! In addition to our ESOP, we provide a 401(k) plan, rich coverage for major medical insurance, basic life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, generous vacation and sick leave, Student Loan Repayment benefit, and several others.
Structural - Bridge
We are seeking an innovative Project Engineer II in our Bridge Department to join the team!
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing firm that is involved in a variety of projects, including highways and bridges for various local public agencies and state DOT’s, miscellaneous structural design to support our other business units, and design-build pursuits. In this position, the candidate will:
• Have a broad knowledge of principles and practices in the Bridge Discipline.
• Independently evaluate and adapt standard techniques and criteria to perform tasks for conventional projects.
• Acquire general knowledge of practices in related fields and function as a part of multidisciplinary teams.
• Work on multiple projects of moderate size or portions of major projects.
• Assign tasks to and direct engineers, technicians, and administrative staff.
• Plan and coordinate detailed aspects of the engineering work.
• Prepare scopes, budgets, and schedules for assignments.
• Assist with proposals or funding applications.
• Perform other duties associated with the position.
The ideal candidate must have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Civil Engineering and be a registered Professional Engineer. The candidate should also have 6 or more years of experience in this discipline.
In addition, proficiency with AutoCAD and/or Microstation, along with Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint required. Strong communication skills both written and verbal, along with the ability to work well individually or as part of a team is essential.
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?