Job: Traffic Engineering Senior Project Manager, Lochmueller Group Inc., Great Indianapolis, IN
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing firm with an established but expanding Traffic Engineering and Planning practice. We work with both public and private sector clients to solve their most complex transportation challenges. Our practice encompasses all areas of traffic engineering and planning, including traffic impact studies, safety studies, traffic simulation, travel demand modeling and forecasting, corridor planning, traffic signal operations, signal and ITS design, comprehensive planning, transit planning, pedestrian and bicycle planning, and long-range transportation planning.
We are seeking a Senior Project Manager to lead traffic engineering projects and guide the growth of our practice within the state of Indiana. The successful candidate should have broad experience in the field of traffic engineering with an emphasis on traffic simulation modeling and forecasting for major arterial and interstate corridors.
Typical work activities include:
• Generate project proposals and participate in project interviews in coordination with marketing staff and firm senior leadership
• Develop project goals, scopes of work, and budgets to guide project activities
• Coordinate and manage the work of team members involved in the project
• Provide quality control and quality assurance on all aspects of the project
• Produce high-quality deliverables and communicate project findings to clients
• Coordinate and collaborate with other senior leaders of the firm on client management and strategic business development within the state of Indiana
• Pursue new business opportunities through relationships, professional organizations, etc.
• Keep abreast of emerging trends in the transportation industry, such as autonomous vehicles, Smart Cities technologies, ridesharing, etc.
• 10+ years of relevant traffic engineering experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or similar
• Registered Professional Engineer
• Experience with Synchro 10 and traffic signal operations/phasing
• Experience with traffic simulation modeling software packages such as PTV’s VISSIM
• Experience with innovative intersection and interchange configurations
• Experience with the predictive methods of the Highway Safety Manual
• Experience with traffic forecasting methods
• Excellent inter-personal skills and the ability to work well in a collaborative team environment
• Master’s degree in Civil Engineering or similar
• Registered as a Professional Traffic Operations Engineer
• Prior project experience with the Indiana Department of Transportation
• Experience with travel demand modeling software packages such as Caliper’s TransCAD
• Experience with AutoCAD or MicroStation
• Experience with urban, multimodal transportation planning and traffic calming
• Experience leading teams in a project client environment