Job: Director of Land Development, Lennar Corporation, Carmel, IN
Oversees the field operations and field personnel of the land development department. Creates opportunities that fit company’s land development strategies and understanding of current market trends in land development and homebuilding. To administrate various contractor/consulting/municipal contracts which provide for, and relate to, the acquisition, approval and development of residential properties. Must have the ability to develop schedules, budgets and deliver within requirements. Knowledge of land use approvals from local to state level.
• Responsible for Bond maintenance.
• Oversee projects from permit approvals through construction and final certification and community turnover.
• Responsible for the successful delivery of new projects through use of construction schedules, contract documents, land development budgets, environmental studies, Geotechnical reports, Engineering and Architectural construction plans and permit compliance reports.
• This position must ensure timely and accurate design and installation of all land development improvements including but not limited to grading operations, water and sewer services, dry utilities, paving and sidewalks, hardscapes and landscape and landscape improvements to include but be limited to entrance and amenity features.
• Development/Entitlement Budgeting.
• Responsible for NPDES and SWPPP management and compliance on developments and third party lot deals.
• Assist management in negotiating terms and specifics of purchase and sale agreements.
• Provides leadership to managers to ensure coordination of project(s) between field and administration
• Evaluate and monitor performance of Land Development Managers
• Manage field personnel within Land Development Department
• Ensures that contractual and other commitments are kept with contractors/consultants and trade partners and that they comply with all approved policies, procedures, ethical standards, applicable laws and regulations
• Establish relationships with developers, contractors, consultants and approving governing authorities
• Responsible for site improvement bidding and bid selection leading to site improvement contract negotiations
• Responsible for value engineering during the design process to reduce improvement costs without sacrificing quality
• Exercise initiative and achieve objectives with minimal supervision
• Manage entitlement process
• Work with construction to ensure lots are delivered correctly to specifications. Lots delivered to construction should be as they are the client of the development department.
• Critically review engineering plans
• Oversee and coordinate planning, permit and construction process and effectively forecast long-term schedules and budgets
• Oversee projects from permit approvals through construction, final bond release and community turnover. Responsible for use of construction schedules, contract documents, land development budgets, environmental studies, Geotechnical reports, Engineering and Architectural construction plans and permit compliance reports.
• Plan, schedule, budget and contract for above plus common elements such as entrance features, global landscape programs, maintenance contracts and community wide utility plans.
• Overall material management planning and effective field operations
• Negotiate utility extension agreements
• Resolve issues with agencies having jurisdiction over project and region
• Cash flow generation and maintenance
• Ensure clear line of communication on projections of deliveries
• Ensure efficient and seamless operations between LDM & Builder areas of responsibility
• Support division and department goals and objectives
• Interact with Sr. Management
• HOA management experience a plus but not required
• Bachelor degree in engineering, construction management, business administration or comparable experience required Minimum 7 years of experience in Land development
• Minimum 5 years of experience in Land development management role
• Intermediate to advanced skills in computer literacy, including word-processing, spreadsheet analysis, project scheduling and data management software
• Ability to communicate effectively and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
• Must exercise initiative and achieve objectives with minimal supervision.
• Must be detail-oriented and a problem-solver able to deal with complex situations.
• Ability to handle and resolve conflict
• Ability to build and motivate highly effective teams
• Ability to effectively solve problems while maintaining positive team relations
• Valid Driver’s License and good driving record.
• Valid auto insurance coverage required.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/qqelW8FZn1nLTbmBFx4DO