Job: Civil Engineer - Project Manager, T.G. Miller PC, Ithaca, NY
CIVIL ENGINEER PROJECT MANAGER
Grade V and VI Engineers (GS-12 and 13)
T.G. Miller, P.C. is an established and well-respected civil consulting and land surveying firm based in Ithaca, NY. The business has been serving the community for over 45 years, providing quality engineering services to the municipal, higher education and private market sectors. Our core business revolves around municipal water and sewer infrastructure management, commercial and residential land development design, stormwater management and permitting. The company values its staff highly and offers noteworthy benefits including a 401(k) Retirement Plan, Health Insurance, Life & Disability Insurance and annual bonuses. A position is available as a Civil Engineer Project Manager with 5+ years of relevant experience:
The Project Manager position reports to the Principal Engineers and will include the supervision and coordination of work by Civil Engineers, a Construction Administrator and an Engineering Technician. The ability to lead the project teams is core to the job and will include:
• Preparing proposals for individual projects or term contracts with clients.
• Overseeing the preparation of design and bidding documents, including technical specifications and project manuals.
• Preparing or reviewing technical narratives for engineering reports and making presentations to clients and the public.
• Performing or reviewing calculations for project designs.
• Collaborating with staff, legal counsel and fiscal advisors.
• Interacting with municipal bodies and permitting agencies.
• Performing management duties related to planning, design and construction of municipal infrastructure projects including, but not limited to local highway, potable water, sewerage and stormwater management systems.
T.G. Miller, P.C. is a local civil engineering and surveying firm dedicated to serving the communities in which we work, live and play. We value the close, long-term relationships we develop with our clients and we professionally serve all the major stakeholders in this region. We have the benefit of being based in the beautiful surroundings of the Finger Lakes, as well as being part of a vibrant college town - home to both Cornell University and Ithaca College. We provide our employees challenging career opportunities and promote a culture of comradery and collaboration while supporting personal growth and family needs.
Applications can be sent to: Donald Harner: email@example.com
• 5 + years of relevant experience
• B.S. in Civil and Environmental Engineering
• Passed the New York State Fundamentals of Engineering exam
• NY Professional Engineering license preferable
• Experience in management and site design for commercial and municipal infrastructure projects including water wells and pump systems, water storage tanks, sanitary sewage collection and pump stations, and highway infrastructure.
• Experience with the NYSDEC SPDES General Permits for Stormwater Discharges from Municipal Separate Stormwater Systems (MS4s) and from Construction Activity.
• Extensive experience with AutoCAD, Civil 3D, WaterCAD, Autodesk SSA, and HydroCAD or equivalent drafting and hydrologic modelling software.