Job: Pre-Design Engineer, Minnesota Department of Transportation, Willmar, MN
Willmar, MN 56201 United States
Up to $107,43 annually
WHY WORK FOR US
We offer excellent employee benefits, such as low-cost health and dental insurance, and affordable dependent coverage. Other benefits include:
• 11 paid holidays per year
• Up to 29 paid vacation days per year
• 13 paid sick days per year
• Defined pension plan
• Paid life insurance
• And more!
This position leads the District in geometric layouts, design memos and exceptions, design scoping data, and facilitates construction limits as the licensed District Pre-design Engineer. This position provides leadership, technical expertise, decision making, managerial and supervision of the pre-design resource unit for District 8. This position provides direction and engineering guidance to district management, principal engineer functional group leaders and project managers, senior engineers, engineering specialists, and technicians to ensure that preliminary design documents (geometric layouts, construction limits, scoping data, design exceptions/memos, resource planning) have gone thru rigorous vetting to ensure these project development responsibilities have been prepared in a timely manner and received necessary approvals.
• Licensure as a professional Civil Engineer with the Minnesota Board of Architecture, Engineering, Land Surveying, Landscape Architecture, Geoscience, and Interior Design (AELSLAGID). (If obtaining licensure through Comity, a temporary permit from AELSLAGID must be provided to MnDOT HR prior to starting employment.)
• Three (3) years of post-registration engineering experience at the Engineer Senior level (or equivalent) that demonstrates knowledge and skill in the design, construction and maintenance of highways, buildings and bridges.
• Valid MN Class D driver’s license.
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?