Job: Senior Project Surveyor, Huitt-Zollars, Inc., Irvine, CA
Senior Project Surveyor
Irvine, CA 92614-4250 United States
HZ offers a competitive benefit & compensation package, including medical, dental, vision, life, and long/short-term disability plans and two retirement plans: 401(k) and an ESOP. HZ also offers educational assistance and a great team environment.
Huitt-Zollars' Irvine office has an excellent Senior Project Surveyor opportunity. This full time role manages construction staking projects and supervises multiple field crews for ALTA/NSPS land title surveys, photogrammetric, ground topography, boundary, drone, scanning and construction staking. The successful candidate will have at least 5 years of land surveying experience.
HZ is a leading full service design firm providing innovative planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, survey, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery to our clients in the public and private sector. We provide quality solutions for our clients and employment opportunities to qualified talent.
• Supervise all construction staking projects.
• Prepare construction staking proposals.
• Provide construction staking calculations for multiple field crews.
• Organize, schedule and supervise multiple field crews for ALTA/NSPS land title surveys, photogrammetric and ground topography, boundary, drone, scanning and construction.
• Perform quality control checks for conventional and GPS construction staking and surveys including post processing.
• Communicate with owners, architects, engineers and general contractors regarding project plans.
• Maintains a good working knowledge of survey procedures and quality control.
• Minimum of 5 years' experience
• CA Professional Land Surveyor registration a plus
• Experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D and basic mapping skills
• Experience with Autodesk survey databases
• Knowledge of interpreting design plans
• Knowledge of field staking procedures
• Experience with Trimble Business Center for surveying support & GPS adjustments a plus
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook a plus
• Knowledge and experience in the principals and practice of land surveying in California
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Good interpersonal skills for supervising field crews, and working collaboratively with teams of engineers, architects and sub-contractors.
Please apply online at: https://external-huitt-zollars.icims.com
Job ID No: I174
Huitt-Zollars is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin or any other legally protected status. Consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the company will make reasonable accommodations to assist in the application process upon the request of an applicant. No question on this application is intended to secure information to be used for discriminatory purposes.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a) and 60-300.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?