Job: Civil Engineer, Huitt-Zollars, Inc., Houston, TX
Houston, TX 77042 United States
We offer a competitive benefit and compensation package, including medical, dental, vision, life, long/short-term disability plans, and two retirement plans: 401(k) and an ESOP.
This full time role provides engineering design for diverse public and private shared-use trail design, general site development and public infrastructure projects. The successful candidate will be a Texas registered PE with at least 5 years' experience in trail design projects, site development and public infrastructure design.
HZ is a leading full-service design firm providing innovative planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery to our clients in the public and private sector. We provide quality solutions for our clients and employment opportunities to qualified talent.
• Produce design and construction drawings for multiple shared-use trail, site development and public infrastructure projects
• Research jurisdiction design requirements, materials and assemblies for design and construction drawings
• Interface and coordinate with clients
• Conduct site visits and assist with documenting findings
• Attend project meetings and prepare graphic materials for presentations and/or documents
• Assists with general project correspondence
• Works collaboratively in a team environment with engineers, architects and surveyors
• Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering
• Texas registered PE
• Minimum 5 years' experience in shared-use trail design projects, site development and public infrastructure design
• Proficient in AutoCAD Civil 3D
• Proficient in MS Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
• Ability to prepare civil engineering documents and specifications for projects
• Ability to read redlines and modify drawings accurately
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Strong knowledge of construction means, methods and techniques
Please apply online at: https://external-huitt-zollars.icims.com
Job ID No: H117
Huitt-Zollars is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin or any other legally protected status. Consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the company will make reasonable accommodations to assist in the application process upon the request of an applicant. No question on this application is intended to secure information to be used for discriminatory purposes.
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?