Job: Structural Engineer, Huitt-Zollars, Inc., Houston, TX
Houston, TX 77002 United States
We offer a competitive benefit & compensation package, including medical, dental, vision, life, & long term disability plans & two retirement plans: a 401(k) & an ESOP.
Structural - Building
Huitt-Zollars' Downtown Houston, TX office has a great full-time opportunity for a Structural Engineer, P.E. with BSCE or Masters in Structural and Architectural Engineering. Candidate should have a minimum of 5 years of building structural engineering experience in mid to high-rise building design including post-tensioned concrete, two-way flat plate and one-way slabs, composite deck on steel framing, and deep foundations. The successful candidate will be talented in structural design with an architectural background.
HZ is a leading full-service design firm providing innovative planning, engineering, architectural design, survey, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery to our clients in the public and private sector. We provide quality solutions for our clients and employment opportunities to qualified talent.
• Design and analyze structural systems for low to high-rise buildings
• Structural condition assessment, planning, and execution of structural designs on a wide range of governmental, institutional, industrial and commercial projects
• Design of building structures, retaining walls, control structures
• Coordinate all work of Project Architects, Engineers, Design Engineers and CAD Technicians from the initial planning stages through final construction
• Preparation and review of structural plans, specifications and special provisions,
• Representation at project meetings, attendance at pre-construction, pre-fabrication and construction meetings
• Review shop drawings, perform field inspections, and facilitate the construction administration process
• Review contractor submittals for structural components
• Read and understand building codes, construction specifications and drawings
• SE (Structural Engineer) or PE (Professional Engineer) registered in Texas
• Passionate about structural design of buildings
• Solid knowledge in steel, wood, concrete and masonry
• BS or Masters in Structural and Architectural Engineering
• Excellent working knowledge of Building Analysis and Design Software for concrete, steel and wood, such as; WinSTRUDL, etc.
• Proficient in Adapt, RAM, RISA, Revit, Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Investigations experience
• Excellent communication and organization skills
Please apply online at: https://external-huitt-zollars.icims.com
Job ID No: HDT130
Huitt-Zollars is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin or any other legally protected status. Consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the company will make reasonable accommodations to assist in the application process upon the request of an applicant. No question on this application is intended to secure information to be used for discriminatory purposes.
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?