Job: ENGINEER II - PLANNING & DESIGN, City of Largo, Tampa Bay (Largo)••••••••, FL
Provides design and support project management for City transportation, stormwater and sanitary sewer utility engineering projects and work programs.
* Provide complete project evaluation, design, construction and procurement work products:
- Perform design and plans production using advanced CADD tools and one or more advanced modeling tools.
- Produce complete engineering reports and applications for permits;
- Generate detailed project cost estimates;
- Develop complete contract documents and technical specifications.
* Assists and provide support for assigned project management duties:
- Develops project management plan documents;
- Assist with updating project budgets and expenditures;
- Develop scope of services requests for vendor and consulting services
- Processing and evaluation of service requests / work orders for assigned departments
- Public outreach and coordination with stakeholders
- Asset Portfolio development and management
* Generate meeting minutes for critical project meetings capturing key discussion points, resulting decisions and action items.
* Reviews shop drawings for conformance with plans and specifications; reviews constructions project progress to develop construction punch lists.
* Identifies conflict utilities and prepares request for utility mark-ups.
* Conducts advanced field investigations to evaluate existing conditions using engineering methods such as seasonal high water level, traffic analysis, etc.
* Performs related work as required.
Our employees enjoy:
* an HPO, collaborative and supportive environment where innovative solutions and fulfilling accomplishments are part of everyday life. Professional development is encouraged and exposure to multi-disciplined teams and a wide variety of work gives our staff the opportunity to contribute and diversify their skills
* a very generous health* and wellness benefit program that includesl
- Major carriers (Florida Blue, United Healthcare and National Vision Administrators, VOYA)
- Health insurance options that offer flexibility and affordability with access to an extensive network of physicians, hospitals and pharmacies.
- Personal Insurance Credits (PIC) totaling $12,537.00 or $533.38 per pay (24 pay period) to purchase health, dental, vision and/or supplemental life insurance coverage plus personal option days
- If you already have benefits and elect to waive coverage, the City offers a generous incentive ... please inquire to learn more about it!
- Free 24/7 access to state of the art recreation facilities (plus a $400 wellness credit for fitness classes, personal fitness training, race registration fees, etc.
(*) All benefits, carriers and provisions of our programs are reviewed annually and may be updated or changed based on funding or business need.
The successful candidate will have Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering, a valid State of Florida Engineering Intern (EI) Certification abd at least two (2) years directly related engineering experience
For full job description and application instructions, go to: www.largo.com/jobs
The City of Largo – Naturally A Great Place to Work!