Job: Senior Civil Engineer, HG Design Studio, Chesapeake, VA
HG Design Studio is looking for an experienced, licensed Civil Engineer with 10+ years’ experience in analysis and design for various projects. These will include design of utilities, storm drainage, grading, erosion control, stormwater, and driveway/roadways. Responsibilities will include:
• Review of plans, designs, calculations, specifications and contract documents prepared by
other engineers. Resolve complex design problems while serving as a technical expert and
resource for engineering staff
• Complete required engineering calculations and technical summaries
• Perform Construction Administration related duties such as site visits, field reports, shop
drawing review, and respond to contractor RFI’s.
• Assists in the Quality Control/Quality Assurance plans of Department
• Serves as liaison between clients and agencies, contractors, and other design disciplines
• Perform design in accordance with accepted standard of practice and with local codes,
ordinances, and regulatory requirements having jurisdiction over the project.
• New business and relationship development.
• Ability to manage components of major projects or small projects.
• Knowledge of local jurisdiction and state permitting/approval process
• Ability to coordinate and effectively communicate with people in other disciplines, clients,
jurisdiction reviewers, and staff
• Ability to lead and motivate multi-disciplinary design team
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and balance priorities to meet client
needs and expectations
• Thorough knowledge of civil engineering design and methods.
• Knowledge of AutoCAD and associated design and modeling software.
• Exercise sound judgment and possess skills to defend decisions and methodologies used to
arrive at chosen solution or decision.
• Professional engineering license in Virginia or other state with ability to obtain VA license
in 4-6 months
• Valid driver’s license required.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering
• Registered Professional Engineer in Virginia
• Minimum 10 years’ experience preferred
• Prior supervisory experience