Job: Civil Transportation Engineer Graduate EIT, Huitt-Zollars, Inc., Dallas, TX
Civil Transportation Engineer Graduate EIT
Dallas, TX 75202 United States
We offer a competitive benefits and compensation package including medical, dental, vision, life, long/short-term disability plans and two retirement plans: 401(k) and ESOP.
Huitt-Zollars' Dallas, TX office has an excellent full-time Civil Transportation Engineer Graduate EITopportunity for recent graduates seeking to further their experience in highway design and development of preliminary and final transportation design plans. The role assists project managers in design of freeway and major highway projects. Candidates should be proficient in MicroStation and OpenRoads applications. This is a great opportunity for an EIT to work on notable transportation projects and advance their career at a premier design firm.
HZ is a leading full-service design firm providing innovative planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery to our clients in the public and private sector. We provide quality solutions for our clients and employment opportunities to qualified talent.
• Assist project engineers in the development of highway and roadway design plans.
• Assist in the preparation of project reports.
• Perform quantity calculations.
• Learn to develop and produce conceptual, preliminary and final roadway and highway design drawings.
• Learn to prepare roadway plans, detail drawings and project specifications.
• Incorporate changings at the direction of supervisory engineers.
• Participate in design reviews to evaluate design concepts and make corrections to drawings as requested by project managers.
• Research materials and assemblies for design and construction drawings as needed.
• Interface with TxDOT, Toll Road Authorities, and cities and counties regarding projects if needed.
• Attend project meetings and prepare graphic materials for presentations and/or documents.
• Work collaboratively in a team environment with engineers and architects for timely project completion.
• Bachelors of Science in Civil Engineering
• Proficient in MicroStation and OpenRoads applications
• EIT Certification a plus
• Minimum 2 years of highway and roadway design experience preferred
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
• Strong interest in transportation and major highway design
• Demonstrates attributes of initiative, resourcefulness and commitment
• Works well in a collaborative open office environment and communicates well with team members
• TxDOT experience and TxDOT precertification in Major and Complex Highway a plus
Please apply online at: https://external-huitt-zollars.icims.com
Job ID No: D302
Huitt-Zollars, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?