Job: Civil Engineer, Huitt-Zollars, Inc., Dallas, TX
Dallas, TX 75202 United States
We offer a competitive benefit & compensation package, including medical, dental, vision, life, long/short-term disability plans, and two retirement plans: 401(k) and an ESOP.
Huitt-Zollars' Dallas, TX corporate office has a dynamic full-time Civil Engineer opportunity. his role manages public works projects and is perfect for the engineer who enjoys cultivating client relationships, managing multiple projects and mentoring junior engineers. The successful candidate will be a PE registered in the state of Texas with at least 5 years' experience in design and plan preparation for public works projects, and business development. This is an excellent opportunity for a civil engineer to expand their expertise at a premier design firm.
HZ is a leading full-service design firm providing innovative planning, engineering, architectural design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery to our clients in the public and private sector. We provide quality solutions for our clients and employment opportunities to qualified talent.
• Manage public works projects and lead EITs, designers and drafters.
• Interact with clients and contractors.
• Prepare work plans, schedules, quality plans, risk management plans and project invoices
• Assist public works team with gathering data, making field visits and reports.
• Design of and production of construction plans, preparing specifications and estimates.
• Produce plans and manage land development and public works projects from inception to design and construction.
• Perform business development and maintain successful client relationships.
• Develop project proposals, scopes, budgets, and manage execution and tracking of projects.
• Assist in marketing public works clients with face to face meetings.
• Prepare Statements of Qualifications, Scope of Services and negotiate fees with clients.
• Assist with proposal process in procuring projects.
• Ensure projects are completed within client specifications, budgets and schedules.
• Maintain plan production and process plans and permits with various city municipalities.
• Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineer (BSCE)
• Registered Professional Engineer in Texas
• Minimum 5 years of engineering design experience in public works
• Solid business development and client relations experience
• Proficient in MicroStation, Geopak, OpenRoads, AutoCAD Civil 3D
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Project and PowerPoint
• Previous experience in proposal writing, fee calculations and negotiations
• Strong project management ability to manage a team within budgets and deadlines
Please apply online at: https://external-huitt-zollars.icims.com
Job ID No: D305
Huitt-Zollars, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/mwmdnm6xybvn6hjd
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?