Job: ENGINEER I - PLANNING & DESIGN, City of Largo, Tampa (Largo), FL
ENGINEER I - PLANNING & DESIGN
Tampa (Largo), FL 33770 United States
Hiring Range: $48,100 - $54,100
Urban & Community Planning
Provides design and support for City transportation, stormwater and sanitary sewer utility engineering projects and work programs. Assignments are performed independently requiring skill and accuracy in civil engineering technology and measured by the quality and completeness of the work, number of work assignments completed, amount of time billed to work assignments and projects, and effectiveness as a work program team member.
Position reports to a Program Engineer
Primary assignment: Planning & Design
The City of Largo - Naturally A Great Place to Work!
Our employees enjoy:
- an HPO, collaborative and supportive environment where innovative solutions and fulfilling accomplishments are part of everyday life.
- Professional development is encouraged and exposure to multi-disciplined teams and a wide variety of work gives our staff the opportunity to contribute and diversify their skills
- a very generous health* and wellness benefit program that includes
Major carriers (Florida Blue, United Healthcare and National Vision Administrators, Empower)
- Health insurance options that offer flexibility and affordability with access to an extensive network of physicians, hospitals and pharmacies.
- Personal Insurance Credits (PIC) totaling $12,537.00 or $533.38 per pay (24 pay period) to purchase health, dental, vision and/or supplemental life insurance coverage plus personal option days
- If you already have benefits and elect to waive coverage, the City offers a generous incentive ... please inquire to learn more about it!
- Free 24/7 access to state of the art recreation facilities (plus a $400 wellness credit for fitness classes, personal fitness training, race registration fees, etc.
(*) All benefits, carriers and provisions of our programs are reviewed annually and may be updated or changed based on funding or business need.
Training and Experience:
- Graduation from an ABET accredited college or university with a Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering
- Valid Florida Driver's License *or* valid license from another state for transfer within 30 days of hire
- State of Florida Engineering Intern (EI) Certification preferred, or the ability to obtain within 2 years from date of hire
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of civil engineering practices and procedures including surveying, construction, infrastructure design and drafting techniques
- operate the following office software: engineering design and modeling programs, Computer-Aided Design and Drafting (CADD) tools, spreadsheets, and word processing programs
- communicate clearly and concisely orally and in writing
- apply engineering knowledge to specific technical and infrastructure problems
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?