Job: Department of Public Services Manager, City of Birmingham, MI, Birmingham, MI
Department of Public Services Manager
Birmingham, MI 48009 United States
$66,658 - $85,280 DOQ/E
The City of Birmingham is conducting a national search for a Public Services Manager. The ideal person will be well-rounded in all aspects of public works. This position will lead multiple public services including administration of 90-miles of streets, sewer utilities, water utilities, and fleet/vehicle maintenance assets, as well as special projects at the direction of the Public Works Director. The Public Services Manager serves as one of two direct reports to the Public Works Director. This position conducts general administration, management, contractor supervision, capital planning, budgeting, report preparation, and oversight of scheduling for the streets, water, sewer, and fleet functions. The Public Services Manager is responsible for oversight of the crew leaders.
Salary is $66,658 - $85,280 DOQ/experience and is augmented by an excellent benefits package. Nearby metropolitan amenities are an incalculable non-monetary fringe benefit.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, public administration, engineering, construction, or some closely related field is required, supplemented by relevant professional certifications like the Michigan Public Service Institute is preferred;
• Five years of progressively responsible experience in municipal public works management roles, including three years in a supervisory/leadership capacity --An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered;
• Ability to direct and coordinate staff activities in a unionized environment;
• Possession of, or ability to obtain, an S-3 water distribution certificate in the state of Michigan with the ability to secure an S-2 or S-1 within 18 months; and
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and Microsoft Office competency.
Apply online at www.GovHRjobs.com with a cover letter, resume, and three (3) professional references as soon as possible and no later than January 7, 2021. Confidential inquiries are encouraged to Ryan Cotton, Vice President, GovHR USA at 224-282-8304 or email@example.com. Credentials accepted until the position is filled. See also bhamgov.org) (EOE)
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?