Job: Engineering Designer II - Highway, Lochmueller Group Inc., St. Louis, MO
Engineering Designer II - Highway
St. Louis, MO 63101 United States
Competitive Compensation and Benefits: Lochmueller Group is now an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) and we would be excited to have you to join our talented group of employee-owners! In addition to our ESOP, we provide a 401(k) plan, rich coverage for major medical insurance, basic life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, generous vacation and sick leave, Student Loan Repayment benefit, and several others.
We are seeking an innovative Engineering Designer II to join our Highway Department team!
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing firm that is involved in a variety of projects, including highways and bridges for various local public agencies and state DOT’s, miscellaneous structural design to support our other business units, and design-build pursuits. In this position, the candidate will:
• Perform design type functions related to geometric design, hydraulic components, and plan preparations.
• Guide designers in the production of drawings and assist in continuing training of design team.
• Perform design and quantity calculations.
• Understand and work with surveying data.
• Read and interpret schematic and construction plans.
• Perform other duties associated with this position.
The ideal candidate must have an Associate’s Degree in a related field or equivalent knowledge and at least 6 years of experiences in this field.
In addition, proficiency with AutoCAD and/or Microstation, along with Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint required. Strong communication skills both written and verbal, along with the ability to work well individually or as part of a team is essential.
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?