Job: Project Engineer - Bakersfield, Brosamer & Wall, Bakersfield, CA
Project Engineer - Bakersfield
Bakersfield, CA 93308 United States
Brosamer & Wall offers excellent competitive salaries, full medical benefits, including retirement plan and profit sharing. If you are looking to work with a well-established secure company, one that specializes in difficult and unique construction opportunities, look no further. We are looking for individuals who are committed to business excellence and who want to excel and advance their career.
Structural - Other
Structural - Bridge
Duties of a Project Engineer
• Ensure project runs smoothly and documentation is completed on time.
• Meet client needs satisfactorily.
• Effectively resolve problems and conflicts throughout the job.
• Initiate jobsite set-up (i.e. job trailer, fencing, toilets, etc.).
• Process sub-contract agreements, purchase orders, change orders.
• Update and maintain all drawings, specifications and logs.
• Distribute all documents to subcontractors, maintain document logs.
• Assist with preparation of CPM schedules.
• Assist with updating and maintaining master CPM schedules.
• Receive direction from Project Managers; Project Superintendent and issue RFls.
• Prepare and maintain RFI logs on VC computer system.
• Review, evaluate and transmit submittals.
• Prepare and maintain submittal logs.
• Prepare and maintain material procurement logs.
• Perform material procurement functions.
• Post addenda to drawings.
• Scan and post drawings to FTP site.
• Assist Project Manager in preparation of monthly progress invoices and expedite payment.
• Prepare and document extra work orders.
• Review and assemble change order submittals and quantity surveys.
• Prepare change proposals and send to owner for approval, then send to accounting.
• Prepare internal change proposals, obtain approval, then send to accounting.
• Complete contract close-out documents (O&M manuals, as-builts etc.).
• Receive and combine field files with office files.
• Archive closed project files.
• Document punch list work.
• Prepare purchase orders.
• Complete other tasks as assigned.
• Job Closing.
• Review all warranties and provide to owner.
• Schedule demonstrations or provide owner with instructions necessary to operate equipment.
• Create and process final change orders.
• Create and complete punch list.
• Review As-Built drawings.
• Competitive Salary, bonus, Medical/Dental and 401 K plan.
• Company vehicle provided, candidate must have clean driving record.
Skills and Experience
Minimum of 2 years project engineering experience in the heavy highway public marketplace. Verifiable experience in heavy highway structure construction is a must. Recent engineering graduates with no work experience are also encouraged to apply.
• BS in Civil Engineering; PE’s are preferred, but not mandatory
• Candidates must have excellent written and oral communication skills
• Candidates must be detail-oriented with strong computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat & AutoCAD)
• Candidates must have a clean driving record and be willing to travel to jobsite locations.
• Ideal candidates will have a strong safety background and prior safety training.
• Commitment to excellence and high standards.
• Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions
• Ability to effectively communicate both orally and written at all organizational levels.
• Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
• Creative, flexible, and innovative team player
• Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
• Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work with constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
• Acute attention to detail.
• Demonstrated ability to plan and organize projects.
• Scheduling experience using Primavera P6 or Sure Trak is a plus, but not a mandatory.
• Cost estimating experience using B2W is a plus, but not a mandatory
The position is open immediately.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/NabyggurdVZgFrbquqjmz
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?