SR/Associate Civil Engineer
Associate Civil Engineer:
The ideal candidate will have experience in leading professional engineering projects in
capital improvement. They will be comfortable managing projects from start to finish and will serve as a technical resource and/or advisor during all phases of the project.
The ideal candidate will be able to perform the full range of professional and technical
engineering work with only occasional instruction or assistance as new or unusual situations arise. The candidate needs to be a self-starter with the ability to provide exemplary customer service to both internal and external customers. To see current projects click here: http://ca-seaside.civicplus.com/513/Engineering
Senior Civil Engineer:
The ideal candidate will have full supervisory experience within a professional engineering series. The position requires direct experience planning, organizing, supervising, reviewing, and evaluating the work of professional engineering staff and serves as the point of contact to internal management staff. The candidate will have experience serving as a project manager for complex professional engineering activities including: Environmental program planning, compliance design, construction land development engineering, traffic engineering, water resources engineering, and other related projects. The candidate will have experience ensuring that all applicable laws, regulations, and City Policies related to capital improvement, land development traffic and transportation, and water utility infrastructure are actively followed. To see current projects click here: http://ca-seaside.civicplus.com/513/Engineering
• Manages small to large engineering projects from planning and design from construction to closeout.
• Leads project teams; develops work plans consisting of objectives, scope of work, budget, schedules, and baseline requirements.
• Serves as a technical resource and oversees assigned programs; proposes related projects and studies, assesses program effectiveness, and analyzes a variety of unusual conditions, problems, or questions; oversees quality assurance, quality control, and regulatory compliance activities.
• Conducts complex engineering studies, investigations, and analyses; prepares engineering calculations; researches, collects, and analyzes engineering data, statistics, and surveys.
• Administers construction and engineering contracts; approves invoices and tracks and
maintains all project accounting; oversees the work of contractors and consultants including coordinating work with other City departments, residents, and external agencies and ensuring compliance with plans, budget, timeline, contracts, and City standards.
Sr. Civil Engineer:
• Plans, organizes, assigns, supervises, and reviews the work of professional engineering staff in the Engineering Division; trains staff in work procedures; evaluates employee performance, counsels employees, and effectively recommends initial disciplinary action; assists in selection and promotion.
• Monitors activities of the work unit; recommends improvements and modifications and prepares various reports on activities and projects; recommends and assists in the implementation of goals and objectives; implements policies and procedures.
• Oversees the development of consultant requests for proposal for professional and/or construction services and the advertising and bid processes; evaluates proposals and recommends project award.
• Negotiates and administers contracts after award; ensures contractor compliance with City standards and specifications, and time and budget estimates.
Any combination of training and experience that would provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required qualifications is as follows:
Senior Civil Engineer
Equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in civil engineering or a related engineering field and four (4) years of responsible experience in civil engineering with emphasis in public works capital improvements with at least one (1) year of supervisory experience.
Associate Civil Engineer
Equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in civil engineering or a related engineering field and three (3) years of professional engineering design, plan review, and project administration experience, preferably in a public agency setting, or two (2) years of experience equivalent to Assistant Engineer at the City of Seaside.
Licenses and Certifications (Both classifications):
* Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid California Driver’s License by time of appointment.
* Possess and maintain a valid certificate or registration as a Professional Engineer in the State of California.
For more Information: https://koffassociates.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/Sr.-and-Associate-Engineer-Brochure.pdf
To apply visit: https://apptrkr.com/2454843
OR Contact: Joshua Boudreaux firstname.lastname@example.org