Job: Civil Engineer Transportation Maintenance Director, Minnesota Department of Transportation, St. Paul, MN
Civil Engineer Transportation Maintenance Director
St. Paul, MN 55155 United States
$93,667 - $134,362 annually
We offer excellent employee benefits, such as low-cost health and dental insurance, and affordable dependent coverage. Other benefits include:
• 11 paid holidays per year
• Up to 29 paid vacation days per year
• 13 paid sick days per year
• Pension plan
• Vision insurance available
• Paid life insurance
• Short & long-term disability available
• Flexible work schedule
• Training available
• And much more!
This position is responsible for providing executive leadership, strategic and organizational direction, and managerial expertise for the agency’s statewide maintenance and building services operations. The State Maintenance Engineer also represents the agency in state, national and international transportation forums relating to maintenance.
Duties include developing and managing related policies, establishing priorities, and implementing programs in an integrated manner. Manage overall operations including transportation maintenance, legislative and policy development, strategic planning, innovation, training, enterprise risk management, and organizational change management to assure continuous improvement in cost, quality and timely delivery of products and services. This position is also accountable for human, fiscal and all other resources needed to carry out these responsibilities.
To qualify, applicants must have a current registration as a Professional Civil Engineer with the Minnesota Board of Architecture, Engineering, Land Surveying, Landscape Architecture, Geo-science and Interior Design (AELSLAGID)
Three years of managerial experience overseeing a complex civil engineering unit providing strategic direction, resource (budget and staff) management, and policy development.
If you meet this requirement, and want to be considered further in the selection process, you must provide a summary (paste this data to the end of your resume as one document) of your experience and knowledge in the following areas:
* Leadership and Management: Demonstrated ability to enhance trust with transparency, accountability and experience which demonstrates a broad understanding of leadership and management in program delivery and maintenance settings. Demonstrated ability to lead change and maintain a strong team environment.
* Technical Expertise: Experience which demonstrates a broad understanding of the technical areas affecting MnDOT’s district and division engineering and maintenance activities. Experience should demonstrate a broad understanding and support for project management.
* Fiscal and Human Resources Management: Experience which demonstrates a broad understanding to ensure effective utilization in accomplishing work with the ability and willingness to implement different effective service delivery models.
* Policymaking and Strategic Direction & Initiatives: Experience developing and implementing innovative policies, practices and strategic directions and initiatives and substantial knowledge of and experience with the legislative process.
*Relationship Building: Demonstrated ability to collaborate with a wide variety of stakeholders; experience building and maintaining effective working relationships with internal and external partners.
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?