Job: Project Engineer, Port Authority of Allegheny County, Pittsburgh, PA
Port Authority is seeking a Project Engineer to be responsible for managing engineering and construction activities related to Authority structures, facilities, buildings, bridges, tunnels, subways, roadways, bus-ways, light rail transit system, and related infrastructure. Ensures projects adhere to the scope, budget, and schedule as well as interfaces with consultants, contractors, operating, community and external stakeholder representatives
• Performs all project management functions necessary to implement the design, construction and closeout of funded capital projects in adherence to established scope, schedule, budget and quality metrics. Provides support for state of good repair programs related to structures, facilities, buildings, bridges, tunnels, subways, roadways, bus-ways and light rail transit system.
• Responsible to review drawings, specifications and contract provisions for compliance with Authority and outside agency requirements and standards in the preparation of construction and procurement contract documents. Provides necessary review/ comments to ensure project scope and Authority standards are met.
• Provides project and construction management oversight for: field inspections, review of field design changes, resolving technical problems and methods regarding codes, permits, and municipal construction requirements as applied to maintenance, facility modification, and repair or reconstruction projects. Assists in obtaining permits, as needed.
• BS Degree, in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related technical major from an accredited school. A two-year degree in a related technical field and directly related experience may substitute for education on a year-for-year basis.
• Minimum of three (3) years of experience in progressive responsibility for projects in design and/or construction work.
• Professional and effective communications skills.
• Valid PA driver’s license.
• Demonstrated ability in the use of Windows.
• Experience/education in construction, maintenance and/or construction management.
• Registered Engineer in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania or the ability to obtain such registration through reciprocity within one year of appointment.