Job: Senior Project Engineer, Port Authority of Allegheny County, Pittsburgh, PA
Port Authority is seeking a Senior Project Engineer to be responsible for managing engineering and construction activities related to Authority structures, facilities, buildings, bridges, tunnels, subways, roadways, bus-ways, light rail transit system, and related infrastructure. Ensures projects adhere to the scope, budget, and schedule as well as interfaces with consultants, contractors, community and internal and external stakeholder representatives. Ensure all phases of the project are performed in accordance with Quality Control and Quality Assurance procedures and achieve the needs of Port Authority’s operation and maintenance functions.
• Responsible to direct project activities necessary to implement the design, construction, and turnover of assigned capital projects within budget, scope and schedule in a quality manner. Directs project activities to ensure work is performed to acceptable levels in areas, such as:
• Ensuring Contract Documents meet intended needs of Port Authority and outside agency requirements and standards.
• Constructability and cost-effectiveness.
• Coordination of activities, including railroad, utility, real estate, environmental, community, municipal, governmental agencies, Port Authority operation and maintenance, training, and turnover.
• Minimizing impacts to Port Authority operations and maintenance functions and maintain the safety of the public and Port Authority employees.
• Timely completion of the work within budget and complying with contract requirements.
• Compliance with applicable codes.
• Site staging, mobilization, accessibility, and sequence of construction and safety.
Job requirements include:
• BS Degree, Major in Civil Engineering or related engineering field from an accredited school.
• Minimum of seven (7) years of progressive experience in managing projects, including design and construction of job-related work.
• Professional and effective communication skills.
• Valid PA driver’s license.
• Demonstrated ability in the use of Windows.
• Registered Engineer in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania or the ability to obtain such registration through reciprocity within one year of appointment or Certification as a Project Management Professional (PMP) from nationally recognized registration entity.