Job: Engineering Associate Product Designer - ECS, Becklin Holdings Inc, Medford, OR
ASSOCIATE PRODUCT DESIGNER: ROTATIONAL MOLDING PRODUCTS SUMMARY:
Engineering - ECS (ecscomposites.com)
The Associate Product Designer for the Rotational Molding (RotoMold) product line plays a critical role in the success of ECS. This position reports to the Principle Engineer for RotoMold products and is deeply involved in the design, test, evaluation, and documentation of all RotoMold products and components. Responsibilities include but are not limited to those listed below.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Prepare Computer Aided Design (CAD) drawings by studying specifications and supporting documents; depict relationship of components and parts; identify dimensions, angles, curvatures, tolerances, material capabilities and finishes.
• Modify and revise 3D models and engineering drawings as directed to correct or improve operating deficiencies or to reduce production issues.
• Support, assist, and satisfy Requests for Information and Request's For Quote's according to prescribed procedures.
• Generate, maintain, and provide all models, drawings, and files to fulfill requested quotes, purchase orders, or Requests for Information.
• Maintain all bill of materials to ensure they are up to date with the latest information.
• Generate and provide Bill of Material for standardized products, components, and/or parts as necessary to fulfill requested quotes, purchase orders, or Requests for Information.
• Update Bill Of Materials (BOM) via XA to reflect any modifications or updates as directed.
• Update Production Routing through XA to reflect any modifications or updates as directed.
• Produce and submit Product Change Notice (PCN) to account for any changes or modifications to BOM and Procedural Routing, as directed.
• Daily: Monitor XA for Quotes, Requests for Information, and Purchase Orders.
• Review and analyze engineering requirements and implement designs to support customer specifications.
• Assist as needed with Tooling Design, Compliance and Compatibility Reviews, material and product testing and evaluation.
• Protect the proprietary nature of all ECS products, materials, and processes.
• Interface with clients and other engineers as appropriate to maintain business relationships, confer on product development, and business development.
• Develop, maintain, and update Standard Operating Procedures for production processes, machine operation, and tooling cycles along product lines.
• All employees are members of a team. You must be able to work with co-workers, subordinates, and superiors as a cohesive team member.
• Be proactive and resourceful relevant to performing job tasks.
• Able to adapt and learn on the job.
• Time manage and meet all deadlines; Re-acclimate to deadline changes.
• Multi-task (work on multiple projects simultaneously). Able to switch from project to project. Be flexible.
• Alter personal scheduled to meet deadlines (working later and weekends).
• Dispense and receive criticism in a constructive and professional manner.
• Proactively trouble-shoot and solve problems.
• Perform data entry and other clerical tasks as required.
• Implement guidance and direction from Principle Engineer.
• This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
• Proficiency in 3D solid modeling required. SolidWorks experience or certificate highly desirable.
• Minimum of 1 year as a mechanical designer or product specialist experience required. Associate’s Degree or related technical experience preferred .
• Must be able to thrive in an fast-paced, dynamic environment.
• Must be able to flex and adjust to rapidly changing priorities. Able to work overtime when needed.
• A hands on individual with a high degree of personal initiative and demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
Location: Grants Pass, OR