Job: Construction Project Engineer, Minnesota Department of Transportation, Detroit Lakes, MN
Construction Project Engineer
Detroit Lakes, MN 56501 United States
We offer excellent employee benefits, such as low-cost health and dental insurance, and affordable dependent coverage. Other benefits include:
• 11 paid holidays per year
• Earn up to 29 paid vacation days a year
• Earn 13 days paid sick time
• Vision insurance available
• Defined pension plan
• Paid life insurance
• Short & long-term disability available
• Paid parental leave available
• Training opportunities
• And more!
This position will provide overall direction, management, and supervision to project teams in the Detroit Lakes Construction – Resident Office.
• Review and approve contractor’s work and negotiate any necessary contract changes so that change orders and project payments are processed on time and the project is not delayed.
• Coordinate, perform, and review final project designs to ensure construction issues are addressed during the design stage.
• Direct and review plan Development along with the Design Engineer so that all related design standards are followed and quality plans are developed.
• Prepare Special Provisions, Time & Traffic Determinations, construction staging, and traffic requirements so that the project design requirements are met and the traveling public experiences minimal delays.
• Provide training and guidance to construction inspection personnel so that personnel know proper inspection and documentation procedures.
Engineer 2 Graduate Minimum Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Construction Engineering from an ABET accredited college or university or its equivalency. A master’s degree in civil or Construction Engineering from an ABET accredited college or university may substitute for one year of post-graduate civil engineering work.
• Two years of post-graduate civil engineering experience.
• A passing score on the Fundamentals of Engineering exam.
Engineer Senior Minimum Qualifications:
• Licensure as a professional Civil Engineer with the Minnesota Board of Architecture, Engineering, Land Surveying, Landscape Architecture, Geoscience and Interior Design (AELSLAGID). (If obtaining licensure through Comity, a temporary permit from AELSLAGID must be provided to MnDOT HR prior to starting employment.)
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?