Job: Construction Project Engineer, Minnesota Department of Transportation, Morris, MN
Construction Project Engineer
Morris, MN 56267 United States
We offer excellent employee benefits, such as low-cost health and dental insurance, and affordable dependent coverage. Other benefits include:
• 11 paid holidays per year
• Earn up to 29 paid vacation days a year
• Earn 13 days paid sick time
• Defined pension plan
• Vision insurance available
• Paid life insurance
• Short & long-term disability available
• Paid parental leave available
• Training opportunities
• And more!
How would you like to provide overall direction, management and supervision to project teams in the Morris and Fergus Falls Construction – Resident Office? At MnDOT we will provide you with a lot of variety. Our work is interesting. In this position you will also:
• Review and approve contractor’s work and negotiate any necessary contract changes so that change orders and project payments are processed on time and the project is not delayed.
• Coordinate, perform, and review final project designs to ensure construction issues are addressed during the design stage.
• Direct and review plan Development along with the Design Engineer so that all related design standards are followed and quality plans are developed.
• Prepare Special Provisions, Time & Traffic Determinations, construction staging, and traffic requirements so that the project design requirements are met and the traveling public experiences minimal delays.
• Provide training and guidance to construction inspection personnel so that personnel know proper inspection and documentation procedures.
ATTENTION APPLICANTS: This vacancy is being announced at two different job classes at the same time: Engineer Senior and Engineer 2 Graduate. Only one position is being filled; the final class and starting salary is dependent on the successful applicant’s qualifications.
Engineer Graduate 2 Minimum Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited college or university.
• Completion of the Fundamentals of Engineering exam.
• Two (2) years of post-graduation civil engineering experience.
Engineer Senior Minimum Qualifications:
• Applicants must be licensed as a professional Civil or Construction Engineer with the Minnesota Board of Architecture, Engineering, Land Surveying, Landscape Architecture, Geoscience and Interior Design or be able to obtain licensure through reciprocity.
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?