Job: Sr. Project Engineer, CoServe Global Solutions, Raleigh, NC
Senior Project Engineer
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
We are looking for a Senior Project Engineer to join a U.S. Leader in the Telecommunications industry. Culture is of utmost importance to our company. For this reason, our expectation is that every employee must possess a high degree of integrity, character, hustle, and resourcefulness. We spend one third of our lives at work, therefore we want to enjoy the work we do, and enjoy the people we are working with! Positive attitudes are a must, and flexibility will come in handy in our entrepreneurial environment.
The Project Engineer be responsible for the design and structural analysis of new or existing communication structures for wireless telecommunication sites (towers, foundations, antenna mounts, building roofs, etc.). The PE will also be responsible for reviewing work completed by Project Engineers and managing projects inside the engineering organization. Responsibilities may include limited CAD drafting and occasional travel for engineering inspections and mappings.
The ideal candidate would be Project Engineer with 5+ years experience looking to make the jump into management. We are looking for a high capacity candidate looking for advancement in their career. If that sounds like you please check out the rest of the job description!
* Perform structural analyses of communication towers, antenna mounts and related structures pursuant to governing building codes and standards.
o Utilize a variety of engineering software including both specialized and general-purpose finite element analysis (FEA) programs.
o Perform hand calculations based on engineering principles and building code requirements.
o Prepare formal written reports for clients summarizing results and recommending actions.
o Design efficient structural modifications to increase capacity of structures when required per analysis.
* Work collaboratively with the CAD team to prepare, draft, and review structural drawings.
o Perform basic CAD tasks including structural modification and construction drawings for zoning purposes.
o Coordinate with CAD team members on moderate to advanced CAD projects to ensure that structural designs and construction drawings are accurately represented.
* Review work performed by Project Engineers and CAD team members including structural analyses and modification designs.
o Assist in training and coaching of Project Engineers.
o Serve as Engineer of Record for work prepared in department as appropriate.
* Collaborate regularly with Director, Engineering Managers, and other Senior Project Engineers to improve, review, and expand current product line and processes.
* Serve as Project Lead for essential clients including managing workflow and organizing Project Engineers to meet team objectives.
* Performs site visits as needed to document field conditions for new sites and site modification projects.
o Less than 5% travel may be required in support of position’s responsibilities.
o Position may allow for tower climbing, but is not required.
* Communicate effectively and interface with both internal Engineering and external Project Management teams as well as clients.
o Must be capable of setting priorities and working in fast-paced environment.
o Must be able to multi-task and work on several projects simultaneously.
o Must be able to communicate project statuses and maintain internal deadlines.
o Must be able to organize team of engineers to meet project deadlines.
* B.S. in Civil or Mechanical Engineering required; structural emphasis preferred.
* E.I.T. certification required.
* P.E. certification strongly preferred.
* NCEES Record and ability to gain additional P.E. licenses via comity is preferred.
* 4-6 years of telecom structural or CAD experience preferred.
* Functional to proficient with RISA-3D, tnxTower or similar FEA software suite required.
* Experience reviewing structural analysis and drawings required.
* Proficiency with AutoCAD preferred.
* Strong computer skills required, including proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite.